Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Am I Mental?

(...background music "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire's Soundtrack...)

I have noticed something about myself that I tend to ignore previously. I have this persona when I am in Bintulu and another persona when I am in KL. When come to to think of it, both really represents me.

When I am in Bintulu, I am more chilled and more wanting to blend in with the crowd. I have learned the language spoken here just to get accepted by the locals. Which in the end I have managed by a tooth to blend in. Some locals even thought that I am actually local. A gargantuan complement for me.

However, when I board the flight MH2742 heading to KL, in the middle of the South China Sea, I transformed. I transformed into this snooty, think-that-he-is-classy persona which can be pretty annoying. When people converse with me in Malay, I tend to respond in English. This is the truth! I am actually surprised when I realized it recently. I tend to mock this people and yet I am one of them.

There is one word that could explain this. BIPOLAR!! But really??!! Am I bipolar or just plain crazy?? I have not actually know how to handle this as this just struck me recently. So wait for my next update when I board that flight. Until then...

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment