Sunday, December 23, 2012

What I Learned When I Was in Bintulu Last Week

(...background soundtrack by George Micheal - Freedom! '90...)


I had a very interesting journey going back to the place where I started off my career. This was where I learned the through meaning of Independence. Why you say? Well I had spent most of time in close proximity to my parents. So at the back of my head, I have my security blanket in which I can easily fallback to in the time of needs.

However, being apart by the South China Sea was a good thing in my opinion. It jerked me off my comfort level and being thrown in the deep to survive. I think I did not do that bad...again this is just my opinion.

Anyways back to the context of this entry. I went there to work on something but on top of getting it sorted out, I also had been surprised of the additional things that I have gained as well. This all happened when I met up with one of my closest friend there.

I used to know him as a pretty 'naughty' which was fun. However lately, I sensed that he might have changed to the better. Well, I am right as indeed he has changed for the better and I am happy for him. He is know more reserved. I believe as human being, this is what I would like to be.

We had two dinner sessions and I am happy to say that the topic of discussion is pretty enlightening. We talked about religion and life. I am so happy for it because I believe I have gained few new perspective about life in the context of Islam. This got me thinking that dakwah doesn't necessary mean that it need to be in the mosque or in any formal environment. Talking about religion in a very informal manner is a premise where those ideas are easily embraced.

After that lovely discussion, my brain went into over drive thinking about the whole idea of Islam that it should not be separated from every day life. Then I got a few points to ponder:

  • Why are there people that do not practice what they preach?
  • By asking the first question, what went wrong?
I have encountered this type of people in real life when they project that they are religious but when it is required for them to do so, they become totally different. Why is that? Why do people still not knowing the true meaning of Islam although they projects that they are more well verse in Islam compared to others?

One thing that bothers me is hypocracy. But it is not my place to say anything or is it? They do not really teach you in school how to manage this. Seriously I feel socially inempt. But may the teaching of Islam would able to show me the way forward. I really hope so cause I am not sure how much longer I can keep quiet on the fakeness of others.

Will know what the outcome is...until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment