Monday, January 4, 2010

I Am In Mourning

There is no way understanding life. As you thought that you are much wiser and understand life better as you grow older, there will still be surprises lurking behind the corner to throw you off. Well today's event is no different.

Conversation through the telephone early this morning (with some details omitted):
Friend: Hey, have you heard the news?
Me: What?
Friend: X's wife passed away this morning.
Me: (...paused...) OH MY GOD!

As a Muslim you are always taught that life and death has been determined for each and everyone of us. In other words, it doesn't mean that you will not die at a young age. But as typical human beings, we tend to believe that we will only die when we are old. The news that I received today was really a wake up call. If my time comes tomorrow, will I be ready to face my Maker? The truthful answer is NO! Unfortunately although I know all this, but I am still not doing much to ensure that I have done enough. This is going to be on top of my list this year.

On top of that, it made me realize that life is damn short. We tend to procrastinate things, especially saying "I LOVE YOU" to the ones we love. Another thing on my list this year.

All in all, my heart goes out to my friend, his daughter and family. Be strong my dear friend as God loves her more. You and your sweet daughter will always be in my prayers.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment