Sunday, January 3, 2010

OMG! It's New Year Already?

Seriously, the year passed by very quickly. True what they say, "Time passes by when you are having fun". Well for me, from the last entry to this one, a lot had happened.

Firstly, I spent 2 months in Houston,TX on job attachment. Who would have ever thought of that? Especially me. I was given the opportunity to represent my organization for some project review in Houston, TX. It was a mind blowing experience and surely on top of my "Experience That I Will Never Forget List". This is number two after shaking hands with my idol, Dr. M. This was basically two weeks after my last entry. Between getting the news and going, there were lots needed to be settled hence no time for new entry.

Secondly, before going to Houston, TX, celebrated Eid Fitr with my beautiful family. It was rather an emotional one ever. For your information, I can be a little selfish bitch. So, during that time with tantrum flying high and a lot of things been said and also crying, few feelings had been hurt. Since it is indeed the time for forgiveness, forgiveness was given and received. The most therapeutic moment ever. Who needs shrinks? Hahahaha......

Got back from TX, prepare myself for an assessment. Not just any assessment, but the assessment that could determine whether I will be promoted or not. Went to Labuan, an awesome experience as I have never been there, for the assessment. Thought that my turn will be from 2pm-4pm. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong! It was instead to be 9pm-11.30pm. Hahahaha.... The waiting is one thing, but to stay awake is another. Hahahaha...another those experience that I will never forget. Hopefully, my prayers will be answered and I will get through this time around.

Lastly, after the assessment, I felt the need to see my family. So with all the persuasive techniques that I could think of, managed to convince my superior to approve my leave. Went back on the 23rd December 2009 to my parents surprise. As a matter of fact, I did tell my parents that I was going back. The reaction on my parents' faces, PRICELESS!! With the leave given, I took the opportunity to attend my house-mate's wedding in Penang on 28th December 2009. Touched down in KL on the 29th December 2009, went to Istana Budaya to catch a show. It was freaking awesome!

Got back from there and my parents' house was fulled with all my siblings and nephews and nieces. That was the icing on the cake, spending quality time with family. Although it was quite tiring, but it was fun! Cannot wait for another family gathering.

With all that and today back in Bintulu, I just cannot wait to what this year holds for me. Hope that I can climb every mountain laid in front me this year. I have a feeling that it is going to be a wonderful year.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment