Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crazy Crazy Crazy

Today was a hectic day although God knows what I have been doing.

It all started with the same routine of going to the morning meeting to update on the progress of this project I am attached to. Then went back to my workstation and saw this email from the GM's secretary saying that he urgently wanted to see me. At this moment in time the thing that went through my mind was, "Did I screw up anything?".

The appointment was at 9.30am. Unfortunately he had something urgent prior to this appointment and it dragged on to 10.30am. Then rushing the discussion with him as he needed to be somewhere in a few minutes. The first question he asked, "Are you fine with the arrangement?". My respond was, "Huh". I just could not digest what was the subject. The he started to explain further and I said yes.

With that 'yes', I have just committed myself to the biggest responsibility ever that I had to carry. Oh my. Only God knows how pressured I feel right now. But it is time for me to get out of my comfort zone and be out there. It is also a measure of how much value I have added to myself. Just need to work even harder.

Then later in the day, my boss asked me, "What just happened?". Then I found out the target of 3 months just disappeared. It shows that you can plan to a certain extend but at the end of the day, everything comes to what has already spelled out for you. The boss asked me to find out why did it happen? So tomorrow will be CSI mode.

So basically I have not contributed much but I felt every exhausted. This is still puzzling me. *sigh*

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment